Hey! It’s Neil again. June is almost over and every year it seems summer passes more quickly. I received a great response from my last article, and before the summer is out, I thought I would share with you some cool places for Dallas summer fun during the hottest months of the year. If you’re an up-and-coming Dallasite, or even older and married, most of these places are fun for the whole family.
- White Rock Lake – Sailing, swimming, and walking around Dallas’s closest lake is a pass time some participate in more than just during our hot Dallas summers. While’s it’s cool year-round, there is something special about watching a summer sunset from a sailboat or catamaran. More info on White Rock Lake.
- The Belmont – Saturday and Sunday from 1-5pm, throughout June & July, The Belmont hosts a legendary The Belmont Hotel Poolpool party featuring DJ Jennifer Miller & Paul Paredes. Check out their summer calendar of events(PDF) for live music, and “Barefoot Movies” itinerary.
- Hurricane Harbor- Although this nationally-recognized water park is actually in Arlington, it’s still considered in the Metroplex. Bought by Six Flags in 1996, this water adventure ride theme park has dozens of slides, an incredible wave pool, and an amazing lazy river. Of course, this place is highly popular with the youngsters I recommend going even if you’re 60 years-old. There is something for everyone there. See for yourself.
- Pinkberry – Create your own frozen fantasy. Choose from fresh fruits, berries, nuts, chocolate, and other yogurt toppings. It’s like Marble Slab, only it’s not ice cream and they don’t beat it up. They have several locations, but try their Uptown location.
- Yucatan Beach Club – Volleyball, live music, pools. This place has it all. They have adult beverages and tiki huts, they do team events for offices or your local community sports teams. Learn more about the Yucatan Beach Club.
Before heading out and taking your shirt off, I wanted to let you know that Evanesque offers laser hair removal for men in Dallas including feet, back, neck, and any other areas to get laser hair removal. You might also want to get your tan on without having to spend two weeks visiting the tanning salon. Get 50% off one session of natural spray tanning in Dallas, by adding your cell number to Evanesque’s specials offers club located here.
Neil Lemons is a late 20-something adventurer, blogger, Law of Attractionist, mobile lifestyle enthusiast and Internet Journalist who often writes about fun things to do in Dallas and Texas travel. He’s a friend, happy ongoing client, and business affiliate of Jeff and Barbara over at Evanesque who has had several great experiences there getting laser hair removal and relaxing and rejuvenating microdermabrasion.
Related Blog Posts
8 Dallas Places to See & Be Seen this Summer