January 19th, 2010
A unibrow, also known as monobrow is the the presence of abundant hair between the eyebrows, so that they seem to converge to form one uniform eyebrow. After 15 or more years in modern American vocabulary, parody sites, pop references, and news citations, unibrow was added to the Webster Dictionary in 2006. In Western perception the unibrow may make a person seem ugly, fierce, grumpy, or overly serious, so much so that the unibrow has become something of a cliché in fiction, especially with cartoon characters or muppets. Although, many people disguise his/her would-be unibrow using painful and time consuming conventional and unconventional techniques, with the inexpensive tools and hair removal lasers of today, these methods are no longer needed.
- Avoid the pain of tweezing daily — Day in and day out, it never goes away. You tweez, pick, pull, cry. Why put yourself through this torture for the rest of your life? Remember those times when you forgot to bring your tweezers on vacation? You had to walk around on the beach with some strays waving at passersby.
- Save time in the morning – You have enough to worry about with styling the hair that’s on your head instead of taking the time to manage what’s between your eyes. Take that extra ten minutes of tweezing to sleep. Studies show a 60 years of tweezing = a full week of your life. I just made that statistic up, but it sounds about right.
- Avoid the pink razor burn between your eyes – How embarrassing can it get? Once someone puts two and two together, they get one. You’re a closet unibrow concealer. There is no other explanation or excuse for pink between the eyes.
- Painful electrolysis of yesteryear is no longer needed – It’s not the 1880s anymore, hair removal has come a long way. It’s no longer painful and it no longer takes years of excruciating pain.
- Save money & relief from skin irritation on “instant hair removal” products – One popular product which rhymes with hair will remove your unibrow, but then you still have the irritation of harsh chemicals and your pores releasing the hair. Plus the spending adds up for products year after year after year.
- Waxing your unibrow only makes it grow back thicker – This is God’s joke on human hair removal, hair comes back with a raging force thicker, darker, and more heavily rooted than before.
- You’re not Frida Kahlo and it’s not cool anymore – Frida was a proud woman and artist. She depicted herself in several of her paintings as having a unibrow and pencil thin mustache. That was the 1940s and 50s and women’s rights and respect have come along way since then. Protests and bra burning are one thing, but the only thing you’ll accomplish by letting the brow fro go is a dateless saturday night.
- Avoid getting asked to speak at Star Trek Conventions – Ok so Spock doesn’t have a full unibrow, but he does have some other action going on up there that needs some attention.
Evanesque offers laser hair removal in Dallas for unibrows, bikini lines, backs, under arms, and other common areas to get laser hair removal. Get 50% off one session of natural spray tanning in Dallas, by adding your cell to Evanesque’s specials offers club located here.
January 12th, 2010
In a recent interview, when asked about changes in her new life since her debut on Britain’s Got Talent Susan Boyle mentioned she now uses teeth whitening and BOTOX treatment. The humble and homely over night star is a Scottish singer who came to international public attention when she appeared as a contestant on reality TV program Britain’s Got Talent on 11 April 2009, singing “I Dreamed a Dream” from Les Misérables. Her first album was released in November 2009 and debuted as the number one best-selling CD on charts around the globe.
Global interest in Boyle was triggered by the contrast between her powerful voice and her plain appearance on stage. The juxtaposition of the audience’s first impression of her with the standing ovation she received during and after her performance led to an international media and Internet response. Within nine days of the audition, videos of Boyle — from the show, various interviews and her 1999 rendition of “Cry Me a River” — had been watched over 100 million times. Despite the sustained media interest she later finished in second place in the final of the show behind dance troupe Diversity.
Boyle’s first album, I Dreamed a Dream, was released on 23 November 2009 and has become Amazon’s best-selling album in pre-sales. Its first single is a cover of the Jagger/Richards song “Wild Horses”. The album includes “You’ll See”, “I Dreamed a Dream” and “Cry Me a River”.According to Billboard, “The arrival of I Dreamed a Dream … marks the best opening week for a female artist’s debut album since SoundScan began tracking sales in 1991.”
Teeth whitening and BOTOX treatment is not for the vain, it’s for anyone who wants to look good and feel good about themselves like Susan Boyle. For info on BOTOX, teeth whitening, and laser hair removal in Dallas, Texas, contact Evanesque medical spa.
December 8th, 2009
This medium depth peel is just what your skin needs after exposing it to the damaging rays of the Texas sun. You can dramatically reduce the visible signs of aging, without having to change your schedule!
The Timeless Peel aggressively works to exfoliate dead skin cells and encourage healthy cellular renewal resulting in an age defying, smooth and hydrated complexion. This peel works well for treating fine lines, photo damage, Rosacea and acne by lightening, tightening and perfecting the skin. Say goodbye to pigmentation spots and sundamage.
10 Day Prep Kit ~ These 4 products prepare your skin to accept resurfacing of the peel treatment by allowing maximum penetration for correction and resurfacing benefits.
The Timeless Peel ~ The peel is put on in our office and you go home with it on. In fact you can keep it on overnight and then wash off in the morning. It appears as a shiny clear gel.
The After Care Kit ~ The 4 product post peel kit has healing, calming and restorative ingredients to promote the responsiveness of your skin. An enzyme treatment is included to help remove traces of flaking skin while keeping your skin moisturized. The peeling is completely manageable with the post kit and mineral makeup may be worn during the 5 day recovery.
The Timeless Peel has gone under a rigorous purification process to ensure quality ingredients. Unlike many other peels that are not what we call chirally-correct, an allergic reaction is quite rare. It has no artificial colors, fragrances or preservatives and contains premium levels of active ingredients to provide optimal results.
So what are the benefits of Timeless Peel™?
One peel is comparable to 6 microdermabrasion treatments
It promotes intense activity in the skin which leads to growth of healthy skin cells, cell turnover, and sloughing of dead cells while increasing the moisture level in your skin and creating a smoother, more youthful complexion
The TIMELESS PEEL ~ SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER:
$225 (reg. $275)
This price includes both the Prep Kit and the After Care Kit!
Call Evanesque today to schedule your Timeless Peel.
December 3rd, 2009
Check it out:
October 26th, 2009
Hilary Kennedy of KFWD Channel 52 and Homes and Lifestyle Television on NBC5 visits Evanesque again to get her questions about laser treatment answered by Sherry and have her first treatment. On her last visit, Hilary received spray tanning for a New Year’s hosting gig. Look for Hilary’s second and third video about her laser hair journey coming soon.
See the video, For the Love of Laser Hair Removal here.